Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Baby Girl.

Sydney is the youngest and will always hold a special place in my heart, she is also afflected by a disability which will make things slightly harder to do. Thankfully she may be able to speak normally, as she does have some hearing and will be able to learn how to speak eventually, we're not going to hurry the issue.

Ashley and I have been learning sign language with the twins to help the process and we're doing everything we can.

But a part of me is still very much upset, the news is still somewhat new and there really is no way I can explain how I feel, but it's not fun.

I thought I was done feeling powerless in my own life...

No matter what though, as parents we'll do what we must to make her life just as enjoyable as the twins. It's just hard...

1 comment:

prin said...

*hugs* Sorry I'm only reading this now. While it must be so hard to come to terms with this right now, I think she has fallen into the best family in terms of being accepted and having every possible opportunity still accessible. From the little I know, you both seem like kickass parents and you will do awesomely at this too.